So the blog has been nominated for a Liebster award.
Shock. Gratefulness. Happiness. Bedazzlement. Bafflement. Rinse and repeat.
WHAT EXACTLY IS A LIEBSTER AWARD?
Two very sweet ladies, Daria of Contented Imperfection and Karen of Single Woman Travels, nominated my blog for a Liebster Award. (Thanks, you guys!) I am so happy about this. Although I have to be honest, I had no idea what that meant. So, I did some research.
The Liebster Award, though I cannot say when, where, or how it started, is given to up and coming bloggers with a relatively small number of followers (yep, sounds like me). It intends to help starting bloggers have a wider audience and gain traction by means of interacting with other bloggers. Think of it as a chain message of some sort; one blogger is given the award and is asked to give other bloggers the same. So, if you are given the award, think of yourself as an awardee rather than a nominee. And, you also have to do some things. (And this is where the real fun comes in!)
Here are the rules of the game:
- First things first: thank the blogger/s who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers – those with less than 500 followers.
- Tag your nominees and drop them a comment.
- Ask them 11 questions.
So, I guess I have to answer both Daria and Karen’s questions…
1. If you were an animal, what would it be?
I love elephants! They’re my favorite. So, if I were an animal I would love to be an elephant.
2. What’s your favorite quote?
I really like this line said by Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) from Grey’s Anatomy: “Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature… And don’t give a damn what anyone thinks.“
3. How would you start your perfect day?
With coffee! Everything’s better with coffee!
4. Which song could have been written about/for you?
There are tons but one song that immediately comes to mind is The Beatles’ “Let It Be.”
5. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
My first award in school. 🙂
6. How many hours of sleep do you need?
I need at least 4 so I don’t get any headache.
7. If you could jump to any place in the world right now, where would you be?
On top of Mt. Everest… but only very briefly.
8. What is your biggest fear?
Not being able to live the way I want to.
9. Do you believe in Karma?
I don’t know, maybe not.
10. What would you do if money were no object?
Go on adventures all over the world.
1. If time and money is not an issue, where would you like to visit within this Universe?
I’d like to see the world. I’d go on adventures all over the world.
2. What is the name of your favorite restaurant and what is your favorite meal there?
This is really a hard question because I love tons of different food! I love going to Outback Steakhouse; my fave’s their Toowoomba pasta.
3. If you could go back in time (knowing what you know now), what career would you choose?
Something that deals with IT; only so I could make a lot of money and have much more control over my time. More money+ more time = more adventures!
4. Describe your favorite weekend.
5. What is your preferred mode of transportation?
I nominate the following blogs/bloggers:
- Travel Tales of Life
- Through the Eye of Bastet
- Now at Home
- Crazy Guy in Thailand
- Jaime Alexander
- The Adventures of a 20 Something
- Wandering Iris
- Clicky Chick Creates
I kind of cheated here. I know that some of the people I nominated have been blogging for a long time. Also, I’m not even sure how many followers they have. So, to the nominees, this is all just for fun and if you want in, all you have to do is “accept” the award and pass it on! 😉
Here are my questions for my nominees to answer:
- What is one thing you really love to do?
- When was the last time you tried something new? What was it and how did it go?
- If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, would you? What would it be and why?
- If you could go on a date with any celebrity, who would it be?
- If you could solve one of the world’s major problems, what would it be?
- What is something you cannot live without?
- How do you define “beauty”?
- What is your life’s theme song?
- What makes you smile?
There you go. That’s it for me. (
Oh, I still have to let my nominees know about this.)
This has been fun and I know the fun’s really just beginning! 😉